The One where I felt at home

This month in New Orleans flew by like no other. I finally feel like I am apart of the city now and do not feel like someone new. The curriculum definitely has gotten more interesting as we jump into the different blocks that focus on treating infections/diseases we see in people on the daily basis. From hypertension to heart attacks, the curriculum is helping us understand how and why specific drugs are administered; something Ive personally been seeing since I have been in high school working in clinics. The coursework has also helped me understand the importance of various methods of research which in the past I have been dispassionate about. Our volunteering component of the curriculum has finally started up in full swing which I actually have been looking forward to. Ever since Hurricane Katrina I saw what had happened to the city and my family. Finally I had the chance to give back and help my city restore itself slowly from the setbacks it keeps getting hit with. This month I got the chance to volunteer at a Habitat for Humanity Restore with some of my classmates from the program. This experience taught me all about the organization and how vital it is to many people in the community. 



September Community Service Hours: 8 
Fall Semester Hours to Date: 8

Comments