The One where we uncorked the cure

This month started off a little slow though now I'm running full speed. I cant lie, I like it when I'm super busy. I took on more work with my scribing position and started fully studying for the MCAT while keeping up with course load. Its doable but it does get a little overwhelming at times. Our last exam brought our Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology to a close, a class which helped me understand a lot of the lab techniques and methods something I was never exposed to in undergrad. Since it was my first go around with anything lab related it was difficult indeed although super interesting. Its crazy how so much can be done with so little. I didn't get to volunteer much this month due to all my other activities; I plan on picking up on it in December. Since its the holidays the local food shelter is in need of more volunteers, which I'll be gladly helping out at until I can. I did get to volunteer at one interesting event called "Uncork the Cure" a charity auction for patients with cystic fibrosis. Never have I ever been to something like this. I helped serve food and connected with wealthy doctors and entrepreneurs who care deeply about the progressive genetic disease. I honestly still cant believe December is already here and this semester is slowly coming to a close. Till next time!

November Community Service Hours: 4 
Fall Semester Hours to Date: 24

Comments